Thursday, March 12, 2020

Editing Blog: The Full Process


In this blog I will elaborate the steps I took during the editing process. When I arrived home the first thing I tried to do was download all of the film, but the process was still going extremely slow. In the image below was way my screen appeared, but for hours.


Hours pass by as my screen stood there as if it was frozen, so I had to result in another option. As I mentioned in my previous blog, I did not fully complete the download until I was home. Which was done so with another tactic. I used airdrop between my iPhone and MacBook to  the send videos. Instead of just sending everything, I watch the videos on my phone and decided which ones I wanted to be on the  film. This made the process way easier and quicker. When this step was completed, I was ready to begin the editing process with iMovie. 
In iMovie, The first step done was removing unwanted parts of the shots. I then aligned the scenes where we were talking to make sure it sounded pleasing. Focusing on such things as smoothness between clips and no cut off sentences. I also did the same technique to make sure that our actions were aligned. When this was complete I rewatched the film to see if it was what we imagined. Our story got across and we completed our wishes, but there was one problem. The time frame, it was about one minute over what it was supposed to be. I did not see what to cut out, because I felt as if every second was necessary. Eventually I had to call in a group mate for some help. After we both watched the film over and over again, we were able to cut down the movie into its correct time length. 

No comments:

Post a Comment