Sunday, March 8, 2020

Editing Blog: At Home


The editing process was not as easy as I thought it would be. To our hope, we expected it to be as easy as a breeze because of our previous projects but that was not the case. The problems started while attempting to dump all of our footage in class. There were about 246 shoots and it took forever to transfer onto the computer. As a group, we wished to at least dump all of our footage onto the laptop so we could get the editing process started. Everything was going very slow and only about 30 videos completely downloaded. I assumed maybe it was because of the school wifi or other factors. Although we wanted to get the work done in class, we had to result to another solution. I was then assigned to edit the film all on my own at home. 

Completing the editing process at home was not the best option in my opinion. I had no idea on how to incorporate everyone’s opinion on what should be in the video if we all were in different locations. As a result, I had to choose the best videos out of the all the shots to put in our film. This approach worked sometimes but was sufficient, it didn’t always work because of certain reasons. For example, if they were two very good shots and I wouldn’t be able to decide. I will then call in a group FaceTime to get everyone’s opinion. With this process all of the group members had a say in something instead of one person doing everything. As a group, this is how it should be. Even though we were not in the same location we still made a way. 

Here’s a photo of the editing software I used at home:



No comments:

Post a Comment