Monday, March 16, 2020

Editing: As A Group

As I've mentioned before, due to our issues as a group I had to edit most of the film at home by myself. But not to take all the credit, my group still helped in a numerous amount of ways. One way was introduced earlier in my blogs, they assisted me when I needed clarification. As a group member I didn't want to be the only one to have an input on the films selected in the movie. Whenever I had a question they were quick to any via text or FaceTime, I was able to depend on them. This resolution was helpful because it allowed everyone to have a say on the project. It also lifted some weight off of my shoulders because I wasn't the only one making all of the decisions. Some of these choice makings included transitions, fonts, and time-length. Without their help if they were a bad choice made, I didn't get all of the blame for it.

In addition, they also helped me with the title sequence. Although I was the lucky group member to get chosen to edit I wasn't really familiar with all of the hardcore stuff. Everything I did was pretty basic and easy, so when it came down to adding the title sequence I had some trouble. However, because of my reliable group I was able to lean on them yet again for another situation. When I completed the edit for the entire film I called my group to see what to do able the sequence. Immediately, they offered to take over and add the sequence in themselves. At first I didn't think this was the best idea since this part of the project was my task, but with some thought I agreed. I sent the edited film over to the group chat and the concerns were handled. In less than 20 minuets our film was completed, including the title sequence.

Here's a screenshot of my group's chat, this is the main way we communicate with each other when we're outside of class.


No comments:

Post a Comment