Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing Blog


With the frustration that came from the last attempt of editing my group had high expectations that this time it would work. We had laptops this time which made the situation seem better. However our expectations were crushed when we were told that the laptops were limited and we would have a shorten amount of time to edit. We then realized that the software was still lagging which made things worse. Our instructor told us to just continue editing and that when the film was exported it will be fine. Although we did begin to edit the lagging was making the process very slow. We begin to worry because we had a limited time to complete the task. After about 10 minutes we made the decision to just use iMovie for this particular project since pinnacle studios was not fully cooperating.  Everyone in my group had an iPhone so we were all familiar with iMovie. We begin editing on one of our phones; the editing process went relatively quick. 

Since we decided to use iMovie instead we had to then get all the videos on our mobile devices. Luckily for us I already uploaded all of the footage onto my google drive. I then had to save every video I felt would be used in the commercial, then we started to edit. In our commercial we had 4 different scenes but the idea was consistent throughout the whole video. We wanted each take to go into a black screen then go to the next take, this got the effect we wanted across. At first my group mate did not know how to complete this effect and since the editing was being done on a phone it was a bit of a hassle. After asking a few other classmates and playing around in the app we figured it out. We started with the track scene. Sooner or later our limited time came to an end and class was over. Out of the 4 scenes we completed 1. 

The following class my group mates had to complete editing the other scenes. I was not in class so I do not completely know what went on. My group did have some issues adding the audio onto the video. This was because the were editing on a phone, on a Mac it would’ve been easier. Therefore I was sent the video and I began the process of adding the sound. I started by getting the audio we needed for each sound. I then went onto an online mp3 converter and put each sound into it. I then saved each sound in my downloads so i could access the sounds through iMovie. I opened up the app on my personal laptop and begin editing. I dragged the edited video onto the film slot. I then added each sound for the appropriate part of the video, after I adjusted it a little our editing process was complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment