Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Blog

To actually leave the classroom to film our group would have go through many prerequisites. First we would fill out a signing sheet and checkout both a camera and a tripod. In this step I grabbed the camera and made sure it was working properly while the others signed the sheet. After these things were done were done we were free to go. We then started to change in our attire that was appropriate for our commercial. I took part in the running scene of the commercial, so I wore a school track suit that I received from the previous school year. After all four of us changed we made our way down to the track/field. The first scene was filmed on the track including another girl and myself. We both did the same thing for the entire scene. Which was mainly focused on us running out of the block starts and drinking from our gatorades. 

Starting blocks are basically what they sound like they are, they are used in the sport of track to help runners begin running. So when we got to the track the first thing I did was grab a starting block. I then set up the blocks to match up the leg I run with and my shoe size. I got into the starting position which is when one of my group members started to film. She then said the words “on you mark, get set, go” which is when I took off. I did not go into a full run as if I were at a meet but only ran about 30 meters for the purpose of the commercial. Although I did not run a long distance I still make sure it seemed realistic as possible by coming out strong and fiercely. Me and my partner did this about 3 times just so we could have a choice to pick when we edit. After all the running scenes were completed they recorded us drinking the gatorade. When we did so we made sure we looked sweaty and tired, we did this by spraying ourselves with a spray bottle and breathing heavily. 

After the track scene we had two sports left to record; soccer was first. While our team members recorded/filmed the soccer scene my partner and I packed up all the track items. I picked up my starting blocks and brung them back to where they belonged. I then moved all of our personal belongings closer to where they were recording. After the soccer scene we switched locations at went to the patio. At the patio we recorded the yoga scene. While my group members were fulfilling this task I found it to be a great opportunity to go change back into my regular school clothes. Shortly after I came back from the restroom our camera died so we had to record one more shot off of our phones. To save time I returned back to class with the SD card to begin dumping out our footage. It took a while for all the footage to download onto the computer but we finished right on time. The last thing I did was saved the footage to my flash drive just to be more safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment