Friday, January 17, 2020

Start of final task


I’m Katia, an ordinary teen who goes to school does her work, and watches Netflix in her free time. This process continues from day to day. Sometimes you can include me going out on the weekends but that’s about it. I’ve never actually researched anything in my free time. This results in me not having any prior information to film/media. The closet me and film have ever been when I watched a movie or show. Personally, I’ve never had an interest in the film nor have I cared for it. As mentioned before, my intelligence lacked severely in this field. When it came time to choose classes and I have seen this course I knew it would be a great choice. Although I had no interest in it before, I knew that could possibly change as I learned more about it. 

To my advantage, the course was exactly what I expected. My knowledge of film/media has grown tremendously. At the beginning of the class, we started to learn the terms. For most of these words, I was familiar with what they were but I did not know the actual terms. Little did I know that was the beginning of my film education. As the school year continued the information we learned progressed. As a class, we learned how to record, edit, and distribute a film. We also know all of the necessary terms for this course.  Now it is time for the final task. 

For the final task, we had to learn one last term, pitch. This word appeared foreign to all of us, but as we were told the definition everyone felt a sense of relief. It was one of those words where we knew the meaning but did not know the term. A pitch is basically the Hollywood term to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 or less. Usually with one sentence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment